VisiConsult developed the free smartphone app “NDT-X-ray Toolbox”, which is designed to make the daily work of NDT technicians and X-ray users easier.
“NDT X-ray Toolbox” is a free smartphone app developed from X-ray technology users for X-ray technology users. It offers many useful features designed to make the handling of demanding quality standards easier. The complicated formulas and calculations are solved within a few seconds. This includes most of the tasks NDT technicians need to perform on a regular basis. Geometric calculations, optimal magnification, image unsharpness, required number of CT projections, voxel size, penetration calculator and much more. There is also an extensive portfolio of converters, such as an international unit converter or an IQI converter. The X-ray standard glossary lists all ASTM / ISO standards and explains them, as well as common formulas and terminologies. In addition, new features are added constantly. The app is available for iOS and Android free.
The most important features in brief:
- International unit converter including distances, time, weight and much more
- Easy calculation of optimal magnification, intensity or image blur
- Calculation of required projections, penetration, geometry etc.
- Comprehensive overview of all X-ray standards (ASTM and ISO)
- Overview and converter for many different image quality indicators
- Overview and explanations of common formulas and terms
The family business VisiConsult X-ray Systems & Solutions GmbH is one of the leading companies in the field of industrial material testing and delivers its innovative X-ray systems all over the world. The non-destructive testing (NDT) includes custom solutions for aerospace and automotive industries and is a leader in public safety X-ray equipment.