Especially automotive manufacturers with a very high production volume demand interaction free in-line systems with Automated Defect Recognition (ADR). This reduces personnel costs and lowers the chance of human errors during the inspection process.
The VisiConsult in-house developed ADR is compatible to common image sources on the market and fulfills international quality standards like ASTM, VDI, EN etc. and the demanding company standards of VW, BMW, Porsche etc. With dozens of installations worldwide all systems are designed for 24/7 operation without human interaction. An offline station is used to train the inspection sequences and review the results. This leads to a completely decoupled procedure for 100% system uptime.
Typical ADR applications are the detection of porosities, inclusions or cracks. It is possible to define certain ROIs and check defect metrics like defect density, defect distance, defect size, defects per area and many more. Thresholds can be defined dynamically. Training of the system does not require any programming skills and can be done through local supervisors. This drives down production costs and reduces the inspection bottleneck, while increasing the reliability and process safety. An integration to Industry 4.0 factory solution allows full traceability of the inspection process on a part level.
- Detection of defects or error metrics and patterns
- Advanced dimension and completeness checks
- Offline configurator and review station
- Automated text recognition from X-ray images
- Compliant to company standards (BMW, Audi etc.)
- Industry 4.0: Integrated to quality management systems
- High uptime and ISO 9001 certified service structures